Sunday, June 18, 2006

I like sequels. Honest.

Well, first off, I'd like to tell you guys about a nifty dream I had the other night.

And when I say "the other night," I actually mean "four nights this past week."

This one's nifty. It involves three of my friends and I, and, while this one doesn't have abondoned trains trying to kill us, or ninjas, it's still pretty cool.


Based on the costumes that we're all wearing, I'm going to take the guess that it takes place between 1870 and 1910. There's a big, old house, with a big fucking foyer, and a parlor, and stuff; two of my friends -- the ones that kidnapped me as pirates in another dream -- are wearing suits, and top hats, and those silly ties that kinda look like ascots. My other friend is wearing a shirt waist and a floor length dress, with a huge hat that's crowned with flowers.

Do you think I'm wearing a shirt waist and a skirt?

No. Of course not. I, for whatever reason, am the valet and chauffer. I've got on a paperboy's hat, a pair of goggles, pants, a men's shirt, and I've got a duster coat draped over my arm.


Oh, and, there is some kind of story or plot, but I hadn't been able to follow it, beyond "I think Joey is the Vice President."


So, finally, last night, I had this dream again, and got more insight.

Turns out, the big, awesome house is out on Long Island somewhere -- even though all of my friends are from Maryland. I, as the chauffer, had to drive the guys into New York City for something insanely important, which would in some way affect all of their business dealings now and in the future.

So, I drive them to a construction site -- keep in mind, this is still somewhere around the turn of the last century -- and I get to listen to them complain about the fact that "the Fourth Avenue Railroad is going underground."


/*History Lesson: starting in the 1830's, a railroad did run along what was, at the time, Fourth Avenue. However, because of the steam/smoke/noise, it was an awesome place for gangs, and the city decided in the 1850's that they were tired of the steam/smoke/noise/gangs, so they began to tunnel the Railroad, (between 34th and 38th streets) and put a landscaped garden over it. In 1860, this stretch of Fourth Avenue was renamed Park Avenue. By 1888, the Railroad had been moved underground all the way up to 96th street, which means that Park Avenue went up that far, too.*/

No comments: