Friday, July 07, 2006

I've been offered a job that I have no chance of getting

I don't know if it was one of those, "okay, if all the other applicatants are psychos, we can just hire Ki," or a common courtesy, something along the lines of, "well, we keep telling her she's the most diligent volunteer. We should at least offer her a full-time paid position."

At any rate, the guy that's actually in charge of hiring is extremely reluctant (to put it politely) to hire me for one very simple reason:

I haven't got a car.


Actually, though, it breaks down a little further than the obvious assumption of "I haven't bothered to save up enough to buy a car for myself".

I have neither a car nor a drivers' license; I have a seizure disorder, and in the state of New York -- and, consequently, in Maryland and Massachusetts -- I am only legally eligable to apply for a license after a certain number of conditions have been met.

And, seeing as how I can't meet them, I haven't got a drivers' license.


So, there is the distinct possiblity that I won't be paid this summer at the Gardens, and that I'm just going to remain a volunteer.

No comments: