Saturday, January 20, 2007

I need to not whine. Or make it sound like I'm not whining, maybe?

So, I like how when other people have epiphanies, they tend to be these deep realizations about life, or philosophy, or the world, or something.

My epiphanies are more along the lines of so that's what that smell is.

Yeah, I-- I know.

That doesn't sound like it should be that big of an issue.


But I have spent the past nineteen years of my life not knowing that that smell that permeated my mom's kitchen was. I found that out this morning. (And by "this morning", I really mean "four o'clock this afternoon, but that's beside the point).

Yeah. We were making breakfast, and we set the heat under the pan too high, and burned the butter, and -- what the fuck, what's that smell? Is that-- that's the butter? It-- oh, that's what burned butter smells like?

It kinda, um, put it into perspective for me.

And then Jess told me on no uncertain terms to just shut up and stir the eggs that were supposed to be in that pan in the first place.

No comments: