Thursday, November 09, 2006

It's so trite that it's not true anymore.

So, I had another dream about the Public Affairs Scholars' program.

It was a take on the "it's a cult and they all wander around in black hooded robes" theme.


I was talking to one of them, and they were standing there, in their black hooded robe, trying to explain to me why certain things were bad.

Things like tolerance. And world peace.

"No, no, see, world peace, and tolerance, they're bad. They're trite, and piclanesque."


/* I'm pretty sure that "piclanesque" is not actually a real word. However, it means "so overused that it's no longer true". It's past the point of being trite, and moved into the realm of downright false. That's piclanesque. And before you ask, no, I don't know where that word came from. */


So then, my friend in the black hooded robe blurts out, "This is the world as you want it, and this is the world as it should be." The problem is, they didn't actually show me anything. There was just this black void both times.


Anyways, I woke up, thought, "I'm awake, and... it's five in the morning. Great. Fuck this," got a glass of water, and laid in bed staring at the bottom of my roommate's bed for an hour before I could get back to sleep.


Three cheers for my trippy subconscious.

No comments: