Thursday, May 10, 2007

They appear to have only a passing relationship with the English language.

So, I gave my two weeks' notice... about three weeks ago.

And I feeel like bitching about my job.


They have a whole bunch of rules about how the daily operations of the store is confidential, but the things I'm going to say are so inconsequential -- borderline irrelevant -- that I don't think they'll care.

I mean, if I tell you where they keep the mop, I don't think anyone will care. (The ladies' room, since we're on the subject.)


At any rate, there is a poster in the bathroom that says "Forewarned is Fairwarned". It's all about not stealing and turning in people who do steal and shit. I'm going to say this right now: fairwairned is not a word. The original phrase is "Forewarned is Forearmed".


Additionally, they have this bad habit of using the phrase "customer service" as a verb. Now, don't get me wrong, I know I'm guilty of making up adverbs, but when one of the managers says "Make sure you're customer servicing," it just sounds wrong. If it were me, I'd go with something like "show them what great customer service means," or some other phrase where "customer service" gets to stay as a noun.


We're not allowed to have weapons on the premises. It's rule #10 on the big poster over the watercooler. Considering most of us get out after dark, it'd be nice to carry something to protect ourselves, right? Like a little can of pepper spray, or a knife, and then leave it in our purse.

Apparently, though, we have to leave it in our car. Which was a really shitty answer, since most of us have to take the bus. And to get to the bus turnaround, you have to walk through a dark parking garage.

I guess they don't mind too much if we get mugged or knifed or raped on the way to work. We're just not allowed to have any weapons at work, because we might be dangerous.

Fuckheads.



I've also been told that I ask annoying questions.

No comments: