Monday, October 22, 2007

Have you ever heard of a cat who's afraid of the dark?

I have.

He's a ten-week old kitten named Rocket. His name is Rocket, by the way, 'cause Mom wouldn't let me call him Darth Vader.

Which, if you saw this cat, would be a perfect name.

Because he's tiny, and skittery, and nervous, and gives off this general air of helplessness; plus he's white and soft and fluffy. So, really, he's the antithesis of Lord Vader.


But Rocket works too.

I mean, you shoulda seen him dash under that wicker thing in the Studio. I mean, seriously. And when he did finally settle down for a nap, it was still kinda daylight, but when he woke up, it was dark out. And he freaked out and started yelping and crying -- and I had to set up a nightlight for him.

I had to set up a nightlight for a cat.

No comments: