Sunday, May 28, 2006

Apparently, there is a Nassau County ordinance that prohibits me from purchasing spray paint -- even though I'm 18.

It's been law here since 1993 that individuals under the age of 18 couldn't purchase spray-paint, because law makers were afraid that they'd either huff it, or commit wanton acts of vandalism -- or perhaps both.

But, I found out today, there's another county ordinance, that was passed sometime between the winter break and now, that goes something like this:
"Kinezumi-Risu is not allowed to paint, or in any way enhance the physical appearance of her bicycle; and despite the fact that she is 18, she is not allowed to purchase spray paint."


They sold me black textured spray paint anyway, and I found some olive drab spray paint in the garage, so my bike is going to look kick-ass -- when it's done.

Now, though, it's a mass of olive drab, chrome, flat tires, and blue painter's tape.

No comments: