Monday, August 28, 2006

Time to prove that I'm, y'know, actually an engineering major.

It's that time of year again, folks: move-in day.

Well, there's a fun story behind this one, though. My friend Jess and I thought it'd be fun to live together for a year, seeing as how we lived across the hall from one another last year, and we're pretty much the best of friends.

That would've been a great plan, had it not been for the Bursar's office declaring that I owed them a rather inconsequential sum -- something along the lines of me handing them a dime. Thing is, because of this, I couldn't get my housing contract over to ResLife on time, so rather than both of us going to them together, and saying "we want to room together", it was, instead, Jess going and saying, "I want to room with her, but she can't actually do the whole recontracting process."

They said they'd write down my name next to her's and see what they could do.


Over the summer, they sent out letters to tell you where they put you. They'd put Jess in a double room by herself, and they put me in a totally different room. So, we called them, and asked to be put together.

When we got here, we realized that the rooms here are quite a bit smaller than the ones in our old dorm.

...then we saw the girls across the hall, in the absolutely fucking massive room.


It occured to us, then, that Jess had, in fact, been given a single, and that I had then been crammed in with her.


It's... what's the word... "cozy".

No comments: